WHAT'S IN YOUR AIR FRESHENER
SOME AIR FRESHENERS EMIT OVER 100 DIFFERENT CHEMICALS.
INCLUDING VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS.
WHAT’S IN YOUR AIR FRESHENER?
SOME AIR FRESHENERS EMIT OVER 100 DIFFERENT CHEMICALS. INCLUDING VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS.
In Addition to being extremely harmful to human health, aerosols also contribute to air pollution, pool indoor air quality, climate change, ozone layer depletion. Contamination of water and soil and pose a fire hazard.
In 2015, U.S Emissions from aerosols were estimated 11.0 million metric tons of carbon dioxide, which is equivalent to the annual greenhouse gas emissions from approximately 2.3 million passenger vehicles.
Aerosols make up around 40% of the hazardous waste sent to specialist facilities every year.
Air fresheners emit over 100 different chemicals, including volatile organic compounds such as:
- Acetaldehyde: a probable carcinogen.
- 1.4-Diclorobenzene (1.4DB); a VOC that may impair lung function. Impairment of lung function is of special concern for those who have asthma or other respiratory illnesses.
- Benzene: a known carcinogen and developmental and reproductive toxin.
- d-Limonene: associated with skin and eye irritation. This substance is a sensitizer, which means it’s likely to increase the odds of a future allergic reaction.
- FormaldehydeL a known carcinogen.
- Parabens: linked to breast cancer and effects associated with hormone disruption.
- Phthalates: associated with effects from endocrine disruption, including damage to the female reproductive system, birth defects, and lower sperm counts.
- Styrene: associated with caner and neurotoxicity.
- Toluene: linked to developmental and reproductive toxicity.
- Xylene: linked to the effects of central nervous system depression, like headache, dizziness, depression, and impaired short-term memory.
Oxygen powered cartridges do not contain any kind of propellants or any other harmful solvents, alcohol or added VOCs.
Cartridges are compliant with CARBM, AU, REACH, IFRA and Prop 65 and are safe to use, store and transport.
All Oxygen powered cartridges are fully recyclable and can be safely disposed in a plastic recyclable bin at the end of the cartridge life.